Tuesday, December 16, 2008

FELTING FUN!

 

I started making these hearts out of this beautiful wool my sister got me last year from the island of  Texel, here in Holland. The wool is not great for wet felting so i used needle felting. The soft colourful merino wool i got last saterday at the christmas market in Harlingen.

Ik ben deze hartjes gaan maken van Texels wol dat mijn zus vorig jaar meenam. Het wol is niet helemaal geschikt voor nat vilten dus heb ik het naald vilten gebruikt. Het geweldig zachte gekleurde merino wol heb ik opgesnord op de kerst markt in Harlingen afgelopen weekend.

mand met vilthartjes

bloem van vilthart

 

mand met vilt

6 x hart rij

vilt bloem met mand

vilthart met bloem

2 comments:

debi lynn mattingly said...

Hi Anita!
These felt hearts look so soft and cuddly! Thank you so much for stopping by and I am so glad that you were able to visit the blog! And become entered into my give away! (And yes, even though you live across the ocean...I will still ship you the give away if your name is drawn!) Don't forget to try and visit everyday, because I am giving treasures away every day from now until Christmas Eve.

I am sooo glad you finally got to see the movie (Yaya Sisterhood)! I was born & raised in Louisiana...I am a French Cajun and Native American Indian (Muskogee). quite a mix huh? :)

Hope you had a beautiful day!
xo...deb

Oliveaux said...

Your hearts look so beautiful.

Smile